How do i make this curve on gates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How is it i make this curve on top of this fence. Ill be making a set late spring but dont know how to make the curve. The gates will be 2.2m each said and maybe 6 or 7ft high. I was maybe thinking of asking someone to make them for me if its to complicated

wp4d6a7cc9_06.jpg

Sponsored Links
Unless you have a joinery shop and all the machinery then the answer would be to get them made.

(also done a 6 year joinery apprenticship)

Andy

Sponsored Links
A good jig saw would cut that curve from a single plank. Then a bearing guided trimmer on a template to finish off.

If you are going to use a jigsaw make sure you are using a good quality sharp jigsaw blade also some blades are designed to cut curves easier while other blades are designed to cut at 90 degrees go for the thicker blades like a bosch don't use shop own brands the metal is not the same

I notice a lot of people lately constructing stunning entrances with gates to their homes. Maybe its for security!

But the big mistake they make is when the property is a run down shack or the construction is completely out off kilter. ( ie. like my neighbours stone built entrance with huge wrought iron automatic gates and a common pebble dashed bungalow sitting behind)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back