How do i make this safe?

Sponsored Links
Im sure as FLAMEPORT says that still only applies to some cables, ie out of zone and not all cables, im not aware of any Reg saying ALL pvc cables less than 50mm have to be in earthed conduit
No, there is no such regulation. Cables buried less than 50mm deep do not have to be in conduit (or have an earthed sheathing, like SWA) IF they are in 'safe zones AND are RCD protected. If one or both of those conditions are not satisfied, then they do require such protection. ... and, as has been said, none of that is retrospective.

Where there is some apparent uncertainty is in relation to the extent to which one has to alter/add things before one invokes the requirement for an existing cable to be RCD protected.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Because of, or as a result of, what, did you remove it?
Im redecorating and it was unsightly.plus I've been fixing bodge jobs as I go .

The previous owner was a nightmare. The favourite bodge I found was a patch of wall where she had put cornflake box cardboard to cover a hole then wallpapered over it

Moderator's note

Some off topic posts have been moved away

Last edited by a moderator:
So back to the topic in hand....

I would like to thank those who have given me serious help.

So... Yeah.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back