How do I record a section of music?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of a programme I can use to record a section of a piece of music/song? I want to cut about 40 seconds out of a song and put it on a loop so that it will play continuously.
I was thinking of copying and pasting it repeatedly onto a micro USB card until the card is full. Maybe there is a better way?

Sponsored Links
Alternatively, from your short sample, select Effects/Repeat from the Audacity menu, to create the length of track you require.
Some careful editing / fading may be needed to create a seemless loop.
Several videos are available on YouTube describing how to do this.

What is your source file?
If it is from an online source (and you have a PC), you can enable "Stereo Mix" (in the PC's recording settings) and audacity will be able to directly record any sounds that your PC makes.

I do something similar for work
intend to use adobe for the looping stuff.
It actually has the ability to automatically aid by Getting the beat right,

However, for constant repeat of a sound track, we use very cheap. MP3 players.
The ones I currently have are Bush that cost £9.99 5 years ago
so long as you only put one track on the drive, it would loop the audio for weeks
obviously for longer than 8 hours they need external power via USB

you can also buy units from Amazon that are barebones boards that need power and a mini sd card

Sponsored Links
I downloaded Audacity last night and have managed to isolate the section I want.
I've been looking at the tutorials on Youtobe but I've not seen one that shows what it is that I want to do.
Maybe there is an easier way?

Wavepad is pretty easy to use and will do what you want:

I downloaded Wavepad last night and did what I wanted to do. I found it easier to use than Audacity.
Thanks to all who replied.

Sponsored Links
Back