How do I Reduce the DHW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester 24i combi and am wondering how to reduce the DHW
Tried understanding the manual but can understand hyroglyphics better. I have had a look inside the boiler on the output pipe but cant seem to see anything that would reduce the flow. Or is it just a case of reducing the stop cock.

Sponsored Links
No, that's hydroglyphics.

Ther should be an internal flow restrictor fixed at 8 litres/minute, to make sure the water's hot enough for say washing up with.
That's the best way of doing it, but you can turn down the water inlet valve, which will have a square with a slot across it, to turn.

Keep the water below 60 or those boilers can completely block up with limescale so you get no flow at all withina couple of months.

Yes thanks, I've removed them in hard water areas!
Get the manual from the worcester site - you'll need it anyway. 5 minute job if you know how. If not it'll leak afterwards.

Sponsored Links
Thanks got it. Next question , will this resolve the problem of lack of hot water to the shower. I've reduced the cold flow into the bathroom so we can use the shower. If the cold is open completely then ice cold water but there is hot going to the shower because the pipe is red hot it's just a problem when mixing. Or is it something else

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back