Strange absence of DHW in Worcester 28i boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have had a strange issue with my Worcester Greenstar 28i boiler yesterday: no reaction to flow of DHW. Heating was working. I checked the flow sensor voltage according to the manual - it was fine, showing 2.5 V when flow is on. Reset did not help. The issue mysteriously disappeared after 3 hours. What could that have been?
N.B. In the process of diagnostics have reduced the heating system pressure from 2.3 down to 1.8 atm, but I am not sure this played any role.
Thanks,
Sergey

Sponsored Links
Not sure either but 2.3 bar heating pressure is too high , was this when the system was cold?

Yes, it's indeed a bit high pressure, although, it was on a warm system. It worked normally with such a pressure for 7 days. Again, after I decreased the pressure, it did not start working immediately. Actually, I hurried to buy another used boiler on Gumtree for spares and was surprised to see my boiler started working upon returning home.

I hurried to buy another used boiler on Gumtree for spares

Not a sensible thing to do, who will fit theses spares, legality and your family's safety requires a registered GasSafe person.

Many GasSafe people will not fit second hand parts that the customer has obtained,

Sponsored Links
I have found a solution of my problem: I have thermostatic taps on all my basins. The problem was with ANOTHER thermostatic tap that was leaking cold water into hot pipe when on Cold setting. This resulted in cold water going into my shower without even engaging the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back