How do I remove this light ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2020-7-17_20-54-14.png

The two lamps are twisted out of the way above. I have removed a tiny screw under the back, hoping to release some casing, but no. Does anyone recognise this fitting, please ? [ The 'golf-ball' thingy is the sensor].

Attachments

• Old security light.JPG
    Old security light.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 204
  • Old security light.JPG
    Old security light.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 236
Sponsored Links
Have you tried lifting might be just hung on screws.Is it mains powered?Why is it being removed ?

Yes I've tried some persuasion, but not enough to shatter it as if I get so far and fail, I'm going to be left with a sorry mess including some live electrics once I switch the circuit on again. The fitting is duff, I've tried all the settings, and switching the circuit off and on, but the lamps come on although there is nothing the sensor can have sensed. And then it keeps coming off and on all night. And there is no switch in or out of the house to just switch it off. And the wiring in the loft is inaccessible ! So its for the chop. Then I'll leave the wiring from the house safely tucked away in an IP66 box under the eaves.
Thanks for your interest, but I was hoping some expert would recognise it and say " Easy, all you do is...…"

Thanks for your interest, but I was hoping some expert would recognise it and say " Easy, all you do is...…"
You might have had better luck if you posted a picture of the complete fitting & posted in the electrical section.

Sponsored Links
Yes I've tried some persuasion, but not enough to shatter it as if I get so far and fail, I'm going to be left with a sorry mess including some live electrics once I switch the circuit on again. The fitting is duff, I've tried all the settings, and switching the circuit off and on, but the lamps come on although there is nothing the sensor can have sensed. And then it keeps coming off and on all night. And there is no switch in or out of the house to just switch it off. And the wiring in the loft is inaccessible ! So its for the chop. Then I'll leave the wiring from the house safely tucked away in an IP66 box under the eaves.
Your description is the normal operating of a sensor light .Seems to be fine .

The dips in the ring around the PIR lense could be used to unscrew it? Just a guess...

I've found an image of it on the net, it is a Litecraft Sirocco LED Security Spot Floodlight with PIR Sensor IP44 Garden Light. And from that, I've also found the instruction manual, so I'll have a few tries from their 'troubleshooting' first. Thanks for help, I'll let you know how I get on. Cheers

P1100952.JPG
I've got it off - there was a little catch on the top of the casing just next to the wall. I had to press that in, and the casing became sufficiently loose so that with a little leverage the outer casing ( along with the lamps ) came apart from the part which held the electrics, which remained screwed to the wall, but with the screws now accessible. All now off the wall, with the wiring safely tucked away in an IP66 box. [ photo from the 'back' and 'above' ]. Thanks.

After all that, I had the light on the garage floor, so being of an inquisitive mind, I wired it into a plug and tried it out with the sensitivity set to minimum ( and other settings just to make sure ) and a black bucket over the whole thing to make it think its night. Sure as eggs are eggs that set it going on/off/on/off ad infinitum. Next thing is to try black tape over bits/all of it. And then a bit of destruction - will help to pass a bit of self-isolating time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back