How do I repair dents in wood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi group, moving house soon so I advertised my bedroom wardrobes locally, sold them and carried them down 3 flights of stairs which was no mean fete, however I caught one of the wardrobes on the newel post, I don't think dent is the right word but you can see from the photo's the damage I've caused. The buyer is coming to collect tomorrow so would really appreciate any advice on how to remove, or lessen the damage.
Kindest regards, Otto in Cumberland..

Sponsored Links
Probably made from some cheap far eastern softwood and dickied up by the likes of ikea and then sold on to gullible westerners who cannot afford quality hardwood furniture.

I think you will have to knock a few quid off your price.
Or protect the entire wardrobe with a covering so the customer won't see it. :LOL:

Won't see you for dust as you're leaving the property anyways. :LOL:

Similar to HarbourWoodWork...

Damp flannel or towel, steam iron (not too hot, just hot enough to steam) apply iron on top of flannel and steam.

I don't reckon it will make much difference though, damage looks too deep and I am not sure what wood (or wood-like substance) the wardrobe is made of.

HTH

Sponsored Links
i too would try the wet towell and the iron trick,but do be aware if its plastic type laminate it could well lift.

Probably made from some cheap far eastern softwood and dickied up by the likes of ikea and then sold on to gullible westerners who cannot afford quality hardwood furniture.

I think you will have to knock a few quid off your price.
Or protect the entire wardrobe with a covering so the customer won't see it. :LOL:

Won't see you for dust as you're leaving the property anyways. :LOL:

Thanks for the erm, advice?

Thanks, harbour Nigel & gregers for your positive advice, it does have a plastic look about it, but at the same time you can see the grain in the wood, I will try your tips, but I'll do it some where discreet first, once completed I will post the results.
Kindest regards Otto

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back