How do I repair this drain grille surround?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the middle of my driveway
drain cover.JPG

The mess in the bottom is leaves etc in the drain, and the fragments are the broken up remains of the original lip which has broken having been driven over for many years so now the grille wobbles dangerously, the postie could do himself a nasty injury! (It's hazard taped right now); the job is too small for a tradesman, so I am willing to make a former, mix up a bit of concrete etc, but do I need anything to bond the new concrete to the old (once cleaned)?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It might be easier to remove the lip and fit a bigger grate.

You could try concrete but with such a small area it might crack again. If you can do a stiff mix you can use the grate as a former, concrete around it then wiggle it out so the concrete spreads a bit.

can you clean out the debris and look for a join where the round part starts. It might be a hepsleve gulley in 2 parts where you could break out the top part and renew it slightly lower by cutting the new one shorter. Does it actually take water when it rains - they aren't always set in the "right" place in a drive.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back