How do i replace a rotten floor running under a stud wall which has electrical cable running through?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a bathroom floor that is partially rotten, I guess I can slide some new flooring under the wall and leave the cables?
Ideally I would like to replace the wood in the wall that they run through, as it's a bit rotten at the bottom.
Not too bad though.

Attachments

• 20230328_153930.jpg
    20230328_153930.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 73
Sponsored Links
Doesn't look great, maybe it looks worse than it is, but consider sistering the joists, ideally over the whole length but you could do the end section and drop them onto joist hangers. The section of ceiling next to the wall looks like lath and plaster that morphs into ceiling board so you could rip the former off and give yourself more working room.

Blup

OP,
Why not stand back and pic and post a larger bathroom context, & a detailed clear pic of the white stuff in the rot - with a better focus.
Does the white stuff go under the board on the left?
Whats on the other side of the wall - any signs of water penetration?
Any damage to the ceiling below?

Sponsored Links
i would also brush poke and prod to work out whats not nice but solid to oooo **** its knackered and soft

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back