how do i screw a shower unit onto a tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
how do i screw a shower unit onto a tile on a false wall?(plaster board) or can i use some kind of adhesive

Sponsored Links
Hi,
There are a good selection of CAVITY FIXINGS in all DIY shops,with which to fix your shower unit to the wall.It is not a good idea to fix it to the wall with an adhesive just in case you ever need to take it off for repair.Tell them what you want in the shop,and they will know what you mean.

Regards:Roughcaster.

mask the tiles with a non slip tape, then drill slowly with a masonery bit NOT on HAMMER the tip will go through both the tile and the wall then use suitable fixings.

Sponsored Links
The tiles add a heck of a lot of strength to the plasterboard, so there's no need for any fancy fixings - standard wall plugs are fine for this application. Just tap the plug into the hole so it's just below the surface of the tile using a screw. Use the correct size drill for the wall plug (5.5mm or 6mm for red plug, 7mm for brown) and don't overtighten the screws. ;)

how do i screw a shower unit onto a tile on a false wall?(plaster board) or can i use some kind of adhesive
tile the wall wait 2/3 day drill through tile and wall use wall plug screw and silicone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back