How do I stop this from taking over my garden?

Ahh, bindweed... that stuff is a pain. I have a lot of it at the allotment and until this year I just controlled it by pulling it up as soon as I saw new growth. I had used things like roundup etc and found they didn't work so weeding by hand was easier and better.
This year someone recommended a strong version of glyphosate, rosate 36. It works very well and one application has cleared a new patch I want to use for planting next year.

If the OP is wary of killing good plants, I'd spray all of the stuff near his house, and in his own garden, clear as much of it as possible by hand. Any new growth can either be cleared by hand as go along, or could try the bottle method. Cut the top and bottom off a 2-5 ltr plastic bottle so you have a tube, place the tube over the new weed growth and carefully spray down the tube. Saves getting other plants accidentally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back