how do i wire timer to boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

i have a main combi 30HE. I have an analogue temperature thermostat that i use to switch the heatinf on the boiler on and off but this is no good no as i want to be able to set the boiler so it automatically switches on before i get up for work and switches off a few hours later.

anyway, i have a grasslin analogue timer FM/1 ST H. i want to install this on my boiler but unsure how to wire it up. The are 4 wires in total on the boiler to wire to the timer. 1 blue, 1 brown and 2 black which are connected to each other (i assume this is the switch wires)

anyway, there are 4 terminals that are on the timer numbered 1 to 4

can you tell me please what colour wire goes to which terminal. i would be very greatful

Sponsored Links
anyone help me please. im lost without your help.

cant find any instructions anywhere...........

Is there a small wiring diagram on the back of the timer?
Maybe:

1; COM
2; SAT/OFF
3; ON/CALL
4;

Or maybe in another order?

Sponsored Links
1 and 2 are always live and neutral 230v to power the timer I can't remember which way round but for functionality it doesn't make a difference. It is usually marked on the timer somewhere near the terminals or with a sticker

3 and 4 are switch wires low voltage
the timer is essentially joining the two black wires together

Not that it matters whats going on inside the switch but 3 is common and 4 is usually the switched live.

1 and 2 are always live and neutral 230v to power the timer I can't remember which way round but for functionality it doesn't make a difference. It is usually marked on the timer somewhere near the terminals or with a sticker

3 and 4 are switch wires low voltage
the timer is essentially joining the two black wires together

Not that it matters whats going on inside the switch but 3 is common and 4 is usually the switched live.

So you think:
N L 1 2 3 4

And 3 is common and 4 is call for heat.... are you sure :LOL: ....

if you want to put built in timer in, wiring as follow

brown to no. 1
blue to no. 2
black to no. 3and no. 4

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back