how do you finish the edge when plastering onto one side of an external corner?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've scoured the web and can't see examples of how this is done - or I'm using the wrong search terms. I can't imagine this is unusual though, so please, please help me out.

Here's the scenario: Two brick walls (inside my house) meeting at a right angle external corner.

If I wanted to plaster just wall, so that the plaster ends flush with the external corner, how on earth do you get a nice finish on the edge of the plaster?

See my sketch attached.

20210202_230313.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks @securespark. Does that go on like a normal corner bead to the plasterboard face, but then clasp round the edge of the plasterboard? If so, I can understand how the plasterboard face will look neat - just like plasatering up to a normal external corner. But what about the other side of the bead that's clasped around the edge of the plasterboard? Does that get skimmed over too? And if so, how do you create a neat edge where the skim coat meets the brick?

I'm sorry, I thought you were using wet plaster, not plasterboard.

Sponsored Links
Oh I don't know.

Please could you give me a bit more info on how would it work with wet plaster? I still can't see how you conceal the return edge of that bead - the one that meets the exposed brick. Maybe I'm not picturing it right. o_O

Thanks @Notch7

Do you paint those stop beads?

And how do you stop a crack appearing between the plaster and the bead along the length of the bead?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back