How do you fix new style WC's to floor ? Holes go horizontal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure someone will know what Im on about - recently bought a new wc, however, all of the WCs at the store had screw holes going horizontally into the unit rather than down as you would expect so that you could simply screw straight down into the floorboards to fix it.

Im guessing there is some sort of bracket that I can buy that will fix it to the floor somehow

please help with links to the suggested products if poss so I can see what Im looking for

Cheers guys and thanks for your help in advance

Sponsored Links
brilliant - looks just the job, any idea what they are called or where to get them ?

I don't know what term to search in google for ??

Sponsored Links
Depending on the space under the pan, I just cut a bit of 4X2 timber to fit under the pan, screwed it to the floor and fitted the horizontal screws into that.

many thanks seco - much appreciated

Tickly - yes I thought about trying that but my stupid new wc has allsorts of edges and bits jutting out making the offcut of wood idea a non-starter for me - thanks anyway

Cheers everyone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back