How do you get rid of a wasp nest

Sponsored Links
Yellow pages, Pest control? I believe once they have abandoned the nest they don't re-use it though. Whatever you do, don't block it off until thy have gone!

I done one last week on the side on my house, I found the hole they were going in and out of and filled it with silicone.

They were not happy but the following morning they had gone.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Where do they go? I had one in a bird box in the garden, very busy until a couple of weeks ago, and there's now no activity at all !!

I got rid of my first one this summer. It was about the size of a football and in my shed. I seen wasp removal signs around town for £25 but thought 'how hard can it be really!'

It's very easy. I bought wasp powder 'stuff' from B&Q for £3. Waited until about 11pm when they are mostly in the nest then wore lots and lots of layers to protect myself. went in, sprayed the powder all over the nest squirted loads into the nest entrance and ran like hell.

Next day went in and shed was silent, few wasps lying around dying but the size 11's dealt with them. I actually got a small fire going prior to this and once I had some decent hot coals knocked the nest into a bucket then tossed it on the fire. I have a 4 year old daughter and I didn't want to take any chances. Everywhere I read online said you must kill the queen to get rid of them. At least for this year. Hope this helps

I got rid of my first one this summer. It was about the size of a football and in my shed. I seen wasp removal signs around town for £25 but thought 'how hard can it be really!'

It's very easy. I bought wasp powder 'stuff' from B&Q for £3. Waited until about 11pm when they are mostly in the nest then wore lots and lots of layers to protect myself. went in, sprayed the powder all over the nest squirted loads into the nest entrance and ran like hell.

Next day went in and shed was silent, few wasps lying around dying but the size 11's dealt with them. I actually got a small fire going prior to this and once I had some decent hot coals knocked the nest into a bucket then tossed it on the fire. I have a 4 year old daughter and I didn't want to take any chances. Everywhere I read online said you must kill the queen to get rid of them. At least for this year. Hope this helps

My mate tried this himself. Went and sprayed the nest and ran like heck, then went back afterwards. He'd kill half of them but, as he said, the ones that survived were "obviously the extremly fkng hard and dangerous ones! and now they we're p*d off cos I'd wiped out half their family" :LOL:

So he figured spending £50 for the council to clear them was a good investment...

My mate tried this himself. Went and sprayed the nest and ran like heck, then went back afterwards. He'd kill half of them but, as he said, the ones that survived were "obviously the extremly fkng hard and dangerous ones! and now they we're p*d off cos I'd wiped out half their family" :LOL:

So he figured spending £50 for the council to clear them was a good investment...

Sounds like a big girl to me :LOL:

Not gonna lie I was crapping it a bit

Sounds like a big girl to me :LOL:

Not gonna lie I was crapping it a bit

He's an ex royal navy diver, and is currently a saturation diver in the north sea. But he was crapping it, too! :mrgreen:
Well done on getting rid of yours, though! I'd have paid the £50 :p

I take it all back!!!!! Don't tell him I said that.

I was lucky that mine was in an easily accessible area and the entrance was facing the ground so the powder worked a treat but if it was difficult to get to I'd happily pay £50.

How have you got on eckersleymark?? Going to try it yourself??

I take it all back!!!!! Don't tell him I said that.

I was lucky that mine was in an easily accessible area and the entrance was facing the ground so the powder worked a treat but if it was difficult to get to I'd happily pay £50.

How have you got on eckersleymark?? Going to try it yourself??

I had two last year the first in the soffitts I used Rentokil powder gave it a good blast last thing at night and as others said ran like hell, worked fine.

I was breaking the saftey rules by working up a ladder not really the correct thing to do, so don't try it yourself if it's out of reach!

I then had one in the shed I could see from the doorway (that's as far as I went!) I used Rentokil Wasp Nest Destroyer Foam it is a jet spray that is aimed from 2 metres away to soak the nest, that also worked well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back