How do you get rid of your wife while DIYing?

As a wife myself I would be happy to get out of the way if my hubby said that I should go shopping and treat myself whilst puling out £200 in cash.
spygirl

Sponsored Links
There's several ways to get the lovely mrs Chri5 out the way:-

1. Make her goffer girl, could you just go to Screwfix, BnQ and TLC for.....

2. Suggest your feeling horny, Oh I'm off shopping

3. Suggest she helps with the prep work, Oh I would but I've go to go and ....

4. Ask for help, let her work on something not too serious and when its fecked up gently explain why and then agree to not ask for help again

The best seems to be our (casual) house rule.

I do all the DIY, mtce, garden works and cooking :rolleyes: . She does all the washing, ironing and cleaning.

Due to 6 /8 weeks solid + a year of refurb works as my des res, it is balanced and is fair.

Sponsored Links
Found the best way of getting rid of the mrs. Buy the complete dvd box set of the O.C, C.S.I and Alias. On top of that decide to get get sky. Plonk her in front of Living T.V and didn't hear anything for a whole weekend. In fact she went out and got me boxes of beers!!

I'm not sure about the wife bit but last year i was working in a house and the man was retired, was there for 5 weeks and for 5 weeks he was looking over my shoulder :mad: he ment no harm but still it's a pain. But he did make chip butties every dinner time for me so i guess it was not that bad. :LOL:

Just finished refurbishing the mother in laws kitchen. She's great - its the father in law that's the problem. He's practically blind so he has to put his face right up to something in order to see it and he also insists on hovering around me in case i do something wrong. Daft bugger nearly lost his nose to my chopsaw when he wanted to see it working!!

That and the 3 'syblings' who insist on barging into the kitchen (whilst simultaniously yelling at each other) to make food DESPITE the fact that i've told them a squillion times that there's no electic or water!!

I find the soothing phrase of: "GET OUT OF MY WAY OR I WILL DECAPITATE YOU" usually helps clear the immediate work area!! :LOL:

snozzer said:
You have forgotten the obvious

"Hi Honey, Im glad your here cos DIY makes me really horny"

To be fair, when Im working on the house the opposite happens, and I end up having to finish 'er rather than the job in hand......not that im complaining ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back