how do you install reversing light to vw beetle trike

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello me agian anyone know how to install revesing light to my trike as far as i know they didnt have them but would help as every car driver up here thinks it cant go backwards and well panick when i start charging backwards up the road. :evil: :rolleyes: :p :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Presumably your gearbox has a reverse light switch screwed into it somewhere?
If so, its a fused live feed to that, continuing to the bulb which is earthed conventionally.
John :)

If they didn't fit a switch in the gearbox for you at the factory, you will have to put a little switch (and relay) on, or beside the gear lever or gear linkage. How do you feel about that? When converted to a three wheeler did you keep the stick shift?

Did you get the buzzer sorted for the sidelights?

If they didn't fit a switch in the gearbox for you at the factory, you will have to put a little switch (and relay) on, or beside the gear lever or gear linkage. How do you feel about that? When converted to a three wheeler did you keep the stick shift?

yes i sorted buzzer works ok they didnt fit switch so will get one and fit will get back tell how went.

Sponsored Links
If you want to put a magnet switch mounted beside the gear stick? Glue or clip the little magnet to the gear stick, when you pull over to select reverse the magnet will close the switch. The switch will be able to control the coil on a standard relay and you can wire the relay to control the lights.

The little magnet switches (known as reed switches) are used in all house alarm circuits to detect door opening. Available from Maplin etc

http://bit.ly/10WxxwI

See how you get on ............

yes got buzzer sorted works ok i still use stick shift .lot easier than converting to auto

Presumably your gearbox has a reverse light switch screwed into it somewhere?
If so, its a fused live feed to that, continuing to the bulb which is earthed conventionally.
how do you get the plug out on vw beetle it seems to be stuck in >?????cant get straight on it to get good look. you can get vw beetle switch for this problem there id nothing to tell you how????? :cry:

Lets have a pic mate....are you saying that the plug is probably a blank, but there's an aftermarket reverse light switch for this?

Just be careful as the aluminum casing looks weathered.

Tap the plug and surrounding casing with a large spanner, you are trying to break the corrosion between the steel plug and the alloy casing. Even a small diameter bolt used as a drift allowing you to top it with a hammer.

Try and hit down on the plug as this should encourage the plug to loosen. If you hit it to hard you will do expensive damage to the casing.

If you cant get an Allen key in, you will have to try the dreaded vice-grips on the outside shoulder of the plug remember to push in the correct direction. Trying not to slip off.

Is that a plug for a reverse light switch?

Just be careful as the aluminum casing looks weathered.

Tap the plug and surrounding casing with a large spanner, you are trying to break the corrosion between the steel plug and the alloy casing. Even a small diameter bolt used as a drift allowing you to top it with a hammer.

Try and hit down on the plug as this should encourage the plug to loosen. If you hit it to hard you will do expensive damage to the casing.

If you cant get an Allen key in, you will have to try the dreaded vice-grips on the outside shoulder of the plug remember to push in the correct direction. Trying not to slip off.

Is that a plug for a reverse light switch?
10mm alen key sorted getting it out switch just went in fine all need to get now is light ;)

Good one.....take a fused live to one of the switch terminals, and then on to a lamp.....connect the other end of the lamp terminal to earth.
If the switch has only one terminal, then its fused live to the bulb (centre terminal) and then back to the switch with the other....the switch does the earthing in this case.

Sponsored Links
Back