How do you keep track of all your appliances documentation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to find the best way of managing all the papers that comes with major appliances, such as warranties, receipts and user manuals.

I like using a lot of different tools in my repairs and DIY projects, that's why I really need to keep track of all of them. Until now, I've been using a classic 3-ring binder, but this takes space and frankly isn't that easy to use when you are looking for a specific document. That's why several weeks ago I decided to go paperless and I tried to find some alternatives.

I started using Evernote ****.com/), it's really useful to storage all the documentation. However, it's not specifically for products and tends to end up a bit messy. I've recently tried Unioncy ****.com/) that automatically creates a catalog of your products from the information in your receipts, backs up a copy of the original one, stores the users manual of the product and also tracks each product warranty.

How do you currently manage the documentation of your appliances? Have you ever tried one of these paperless systems? Do you know any other paperless alternative?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Normally I bin them on the assumintion they are not worth the paper the on and I'll just replace it when it breaks.

For more expensive items I have a folder of 'warenty docs' and just loose-file the documents in that.

Daniel

I put the various papers for each appliance in a clear PVC document pocket; and put all the pockets in a document wallet (like a folder but with gusseted sides and a fold over top.

On the top or front of the wallet I write "kitchen appliances" "TV and hifi" "garage equipment" "Ferrari manual" "garden tools" or whatever it might be.

Sponsored Links
I put the various papers for each appliance in a clear PVC document pocket; and put all the pockets in a document wallet (like a folder but with gusseted sides and a fold over top.

So do I, but anything really expensive (and the house insurance paperwork) also gets scanned and saved to online backup.

In fact, recently I've steered in the direction of Owain and started scanning just about everything, then putting the file in the relevant (pc) document.

It's so much easier to sit at the desk to find what you're looking for , than rooting through bundles of real files as apposed to the virtual kind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back