How do you measure the lengh of an immersion heating element

Nex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm sure this is a silly question that's easily answered but I have an element which I believe to be from an immersion heater as its that style although there is no size on it.

I want to put it on ebay but obviously I need to know the size of it before I can sell it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Your asking an internet forum for the correct measurement of something that you presumably have in front of you :confused: :confused: :confused:

You also need something of value before you can sell it.

Lol oh dear perhaps I didn't explain myself clearly enough apologies for that.

Using a tape measure isn't a problem its just which bit to measure.

Is it as simple as top to bottom or do I measure from the flange down, the element down or even the thermostat down?

Sponsored Links
Is this new or used?

Some people actually expect to get someone to pay 99p for a piece of junk and then pay them £4 for postage which only costs them £2.

Only a madman would pay £2 plus postage of £4 for a used element when they only cost about £10 when new with a guarantee!

You measure the actual element length ( the thin bit ).

Tony

Is this new or used?

Some people actually expect to get someone to pay 99p for a piece of junk and then pay them £4 for postage which only costs them £2.

Only a madman would pay £2 plus postage of £4 for a used element when they only cost about £10 when new with a guarantee!

You measure the actual element length ( the thin bit ).

Tony

Also take into account the cost or time to fit a potential piece of crud.
But I do beleive there will be at least one idiot out there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back