How do you paint and get an old look shabby chic furniture?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, ive started to redo my bedroom and am thinking of repainting my old olympus furniture.. whats the best and easiest way to get an aged shabby chic look? Any help will be greatly appreciated! poppy

Sponsored Links
Paint your base colour, say brown, then paint over the top with finished color, say white. Then roughen up bits, around the edges, then sand those bits down with fine sandpaper.

Hi
I did 2 bed side lockers and a dressing table for the shabby chic look and they are still going strong 3 years later.
What I did was used an electric sander to smooth the surface then literally painted some magnolia emulsion on them and once it had dried use the sander again over the corners and edges to give it the desired effect. Worked a treat. Good luck buddy and it looks the mutts nuts once its done.

Sponsored Links
Hi
I did 2 bed side lockers and a dressing table for the shabby chic look and they are still going strong 3 years later.
What I did was used an electric sander to smooth the surface then literally painted some magnolia emulsion on them and once it had dried use the sander again over the corners and edges to give it the desired effect. Worked a treat. Good luck buddy and it looks the mutts nuts once its done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back