HOW DO YOU PUT A LIGHT SWITCH BACK TOGETHER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a standard light switch that i actually unscrewed on the back and the plastic switch and the mechanism all fell out, i have the bit but cant remeber how they went back in can someone please help, diagrams will be needed cheers, please reply asap

Sponsored Links
For £1.25 you can buy a new one, might be the best approach.

If you have a digital camera and can put up some pics of the bits someone might be able to make a stab at talking you through it.

If you meant how do you re-do the wring connections into the switch that is a different question.

Sponsored Links
:LOL:

How did you guess Peaches has short ginger hair?

peaches664 said:
Hi i have a standard light switch that i actually unscrewed on the back and the plastic switch and the mechanism all fell out, i have the bit but cant remeber how they went back in can someone please help, diagrams will be needed cheers, please reply asap

I can't top Adams suggestion :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Forget a long drawn out report on a bad installation, just fax that picture :LOL: :LOL:

Pensdown said:
Forget a long drawn out report on a bad installation, just fax that picture :LOL: :LOL:

You wouldn't want to PIR this place then, largely DIY installation, some of it incompetantly done. Northing done particulaly neatly, some things not wired in the most strightforward manner, 'C' Shaped bungalow, can't stand up in any of the loft spaces, some loft spaces are a bitch to get into where the pre-formed trusses turn through 90 degrees, one part where not only is it difficult to get into, but its difficult to be in as well, loft split into two separate parts with two trapdoors and a small gap between them, all ceilings on different levels etc, cables randomly disapearing... tracing anything is a major undertaking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back