How do you replace the o rings in kitchen mixer taps.

23 May 2006
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Kitchen Chrome Deck Sink Mixer Taps leaking at swivel arm joint. :confused:

How do you remove the arm to replace the o rings, normally they have a small grub screw that is undone and you just pull upwards. This one does not have a grub I just pull it, can't see any other way!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Finally got round to take the arm off, serco you were quite right, turn the arm to the left, bingo the arm pulled off. That had been puzzling me for ages!

Having got it off I replaced both O rings, and established the hot side o ring leaking still. It would appear my o rings are to small in 'width', do o rings come in wider sizes, I must admit I have not noticed when buying them?

By the way, have now booked an appointment with Dentist :D
yes different sizes, widths etc can be a pain sometimes to find the right one. ;)
With worn taps you often have to use O rings which look too fat. Loads of silicone grease, vaseline, KY...

I pulled a bit too hard on a tap once. My teeth survived, but the sink came out of the worktop :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local