How does a 10.5kw shower compare with a "power shower&q

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Regarding power/flow

I can't have a power shower put in only have a cold water tank, but people say it isn't worth buying a 10.5kw shower I'd be better off with a 8.5kw cheap one.

Any advice? (I like powerful showers!)

Sponsored Links
Its difficult to immagine where you live without a hot water supply.

There is often a misunderstanding of the term power shower. This is usually used to describe an open vented supply which is pressure boosted by a pump to 1-3 bar to give about 6-12 litres per minute.

A 10.5 kW shower will give about 4 li/min and an 8.5 kW rather less!

An electric shower is pressurised by the mains and therefore is quite pleasing as its from a reasonable pressure. Just not much flow though.

Much cheaper to use a gas boiler to heat hot water!

Tony

One more Q, can I run a 10.8kw shower off a standard 6mm cable? How about 10.5kw?

Sponsored Links
Should also have RCD sited outside shower room!

Although some electricians say its not actually required by the regulations although they would never fit one without!

Tony

Should also have RCD sited outside shower room!

Although some electricians say its not actually required by the regulations although they would never fit one without!

Tony

It is according to Part Pand all the MI's I've seen recommend it.

You will need at least 1.25Bar working cold mains pressure for a 10.5Kw shower usually and all the electrics should be rated around 45amps I believe, not the usual 30 amps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back