Converting a 10.5kw Triton Kito to a 9.5kw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I recently had some major renovations done at my house and I took the opportunity to upgrade a 9.5kw shower to a more powerful 10.5kw. We noticed the shower would often complain about low pressure - it turns out the mains pressure in our area is very low and the shower is not getting the required pressure at a specific flow rate. I was advised by a triton engineer that a 9.5kw Kito would have worked fine. The bathroom has been refurbished so I don't want to create extra holes in the tiles by installing a completely different shower, so my options are:

1) Buy a 9.5kw triton kito and maybe try to sell the 10.5kw with all of the new attachments I get with the new 9.5kw kito. May work out expensive if I can't sell the 10.5kw kito

2) Buy a 9.5kw heater can assembly and replace the 10.5kw one currently in the shower. Should be relatively cheap to do.

My question is regarding option 2 - is this possible? Should the electronics automatically adapt to the new heater can - I'm guessing the feedback control system that stabilises the water temperature shouldn't notice any difference - with the only difference being a lower flow rate for a given temperature.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
n0 1 would be my option.

i take it you brought this from a supermarket etc ?

Yes, I bought it from Sainsburys online. Got a quote for a heater can yesterday which was £40 - I think you might be right to go with option 1, but before I go out and buy a 9.5kw shower, does anybody have any comments on option 2?

Thanks
Arun

Sponsored Links
Yes, I bought it from Sainsburys online. Got a quote for a heater can yesterday which was £40 - I think you might be right to go with option 1, but before I go out and buy a 9.5kw shower, does anybody have any comments on option 2?

Thanks
Arun

Hi arun
never seen a triton tito before but here is my take on it
If you have low pressure problems then I can not see option 2 working at all as the low pressure switch has nothing to do with the heater,if you change only the heater can then all that will happen is the now less powerful shower will still suffer from low pressure
option 1 I would be weary of too which is why I would go for

option 3 - phone triton technical and ask for the minimum pressure/flow rates specs for the two models in question then get yours measured to see if they are suitable

Matty

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back