Triton Aspirante Topaz Low Pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
cable to a 10.5kW cable and had this shower installed. It has worked fine as long as we didn't draw water from any other part of the house while it was on. About 3 weeks ago, it became temperamental and at most times of the day the low pressure warning comes on and it automatically switches off (it has thermostatic control). Now I can only use it at 6:30am or after 10pm at night!!! Although it is still under warranty Triton say they will charge £60 if it is not a faulty unit and as it works some of the time they suspect it is a water pressure problem. United utilities say they cannot do anything more as long as minimum water pressure is supplied. I had the supply checked before we commenced work on the loft to check it was ok to install another bathroom. United utilities checked the flow rate and it was 13litres per min - they have to provide 9l/m. I've checked that this shower works with this flow rate and it should. I don't know what else to do. Has anyone had a similar problem? Would this problem be sorted if we downgraded to the equivalent 9.5kW shower? Please help!!!

Sponsored Links
whats the mains water pressure not flow ?
if that mains pressure drops below 1 bar when in use the low pressure light will activate as in your case it does.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back