Triton Aspirante Topaz fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have got a 10.5kw triton aspirante topaz thermostatic shower which i beleive is the same as a topaz T100SI. Recently I have been having the following intermittent fault and as its out of warranty I was hoping someone can help:
flow/pressure from head drops dramatically and at the same time the temperature will not go above 40-42 degrees. Turning the temperature dial makes no difference to temp or flow.
I have checked the filters and scale traps which are clear.
It sometimes goes back to normal whilst showering without touching anything, water pressure in the house is fine, and I noticed that when U switch from economy to full the solenoid is not as audible as when you go from full to economy or cold.
Any ideas what it could be? Possible solenoid???

Sponsored Links
Quick update,
I tested the resistance of the solenoid and it was 3.7ohms.
There is continuity through the thermal cut out
Thanks
Ant

Thats seems a very low resistance!

Are you sure that you are competent to use a multimeter if your life depended on it?

Tony

slip of the finger - 3.7kohms
I was typing on my phone at the time.

Sponsored Links
That sounds likely to be correct.

But the solenoid may be powering but failing to open.

I suppose you could monitor the voltage on the solenoid when the fault occurs?

I do that with small neons!

Tony

Sorry, i don't have anything like that lying around. Any other suggestions?

If the solenoid was not opening would water flow? As an estimaqte I would say the flow rate is about half of what it is when the shower functions correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back