How does this jacuzzi work...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently moved into a house which has this in the bathroom. I have a shower in the mornings, so have never used it – but I’m intrigued, specially as today I’m sitting here with Man Flu, staring out at the icy, wet Northern Ireland weather, thinking it might be nice to lie in a nice hot bath…

Anyway, I have never used one of these, and don’t know how it works. I’m assuming that water is sucked in through grille A, and out through jets B… if I go to the room next door, there’s a plug in a wall socket – when I turn it on, there’s a motor kind of noise from the bath, so I assume that’s turning the pump on…?

Do I just maybe press button C, and adjust the flow with the big knob D or something?

With the standard of plumbing etc I’ve discovered in this house so far, I’m keen to know as much as possible before experimenting… thanks :D

IMAG1238.jpg

Sponsored Links
Button A is on/off .... fill her up and test (maybe cold water first)

If it's not been used in a while/ever, get some cleaner for it and run that through first before actually using it.

Or for similar effect... just order yourself a really hot curry and then run a ‘normal’ bath about 6-8hrs later and get in it :p

Sponsored Links
Button A is on/off .... fill her up and test (maybe cold water first)
on mine button C is on off and D is how you adjust how much air is mixed with the jets. A is indeed where the water is drawn in. Dont run the pump without water in the bath

Don't put too much bubble bath in!

This is from the cleaning solution :eek::eek::eek:

So it works OK, though the on/off switch is permanently on - no amount of pressing has any effect. Not the end of the world I guess...

But can anybody tell me how to remove the side panel to have a look underneath for potential leaks? No sign of any yet, but in this house...

Can't see any sign of screws or anything...

IMAG1266.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back