How does this light switch work?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
17357BBC-FD6F-4FB6-98B0-2380A9B3854E.jpeg

The numbers go upto 7 on a dial but it just randomly turns off.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I seem to remember these had a random on/off switch position. But that’s a long time ago.
The one's I remember had variable finish times on the hours it was set to, IE something like +/- 15 minutes per hour so 1 hour would be anywhere between 45 and 75 mins and 4 hours between 3 and 5 hours

I fitted a few but they were something like £8 each as opposed to 2/6d for a switch.
At that time my wages were around £20 per week.

Last edited:
I fitted a few but they were something like £8 each as opposed to 2/6d for a switch. At that time my wages were around £20 per week.
Times have changed!

I remember having to pay a sum equivalent to several weeks' income for an extra 32 kB (yes, kB, not MB or GB) RAM for my first (self-built) computer, and, a bit later, goodness knows how much for my first (5 MB) hard drive!

Kind Regards, John

Times have changed!

I remember having to pay a sum equivalent to several weeks' income for an extra 32 kB (yes, kB, not MB or GB) RAM for my first (self-built) computer, and, a bit later, goodness knows how much for my first (5 MB) hard drive!

Kind Regards, John
I recall buying a 2GB hard drive for £149 trade price and being criticised by all and sundry for buying such a big drive that would never in a million years get anywhere near filled... This was to replace a full sized [width of a 5¼" floppy and twice the height] 320KB HDD which deafened when running.

My first work computer was an Amstrad 9512, running Locoscript which was loaded up from disk every time.

That gave way to my first PC, a Fujitsu "multi-media" PC with Win 98 and a 3GB HDD. Can't remember the processor or memory, which is ironic!
It came with a Dolphin game and a copy of Compton's Encyclopaedia on CD ROM.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back