How far to strip outer insulation on tail?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At some point I shall be wanting to have some shiny new brown and blue 25mm2 tails put in between a two-pole six-way Henley block and a shiny new MK Sentry CU.

I can happily connect up the CU end because none of that will be live.

Even if I am not actually making the connection to the Henley block myself (er, it's live and not feasibly isolatable), it would be nice if I could prepare in advance the tail ends for the Henley block end, so that it can be connected by "the man".

I was wondering on what occasions just the outer insulation should be stripped back on tails, thereby exposing the inner insulation.

At the CU, I was thinking of having a millimetre of inner showing at the incoming isolator. This would only be visible if the CU front cover were removed.

Should there be any inner insulation visible from outside the Henley block? I am sure I have seen them with a millimetre or so of inner visible. But if the word is "no inner visible from outside the block", then I'll go with that.

Sponsored Links
in the cu I would leave around 1" exposed..

At the Henley.. Non should be visible IMHO..

Tape or coloured cable tie should be used to indicate phase colour (not nececarilly needed imho)

David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back