how hard is it to change heat exchanger?

Paul Barker said:
Anyway the fault I'm going to look at sounds odd and not much fun. "Gas pressure too low on burner side ok at meter and pipes, please call asap." I just can't figure how anyone who can say that can't find out why? Must be a tough one or it's a numpties diagnosis (usual case).

That sounds typical of a non thinking installer who has measured the inlet pressure with the boiler OFF and the burner pressure with the boiler ON and has forgotten to correctly size the gas pipe.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Softus,

Whilst your great at plumbing, please dont antagonise boiler engineers.

You have neither the knowledge or experience. Why post comments that are unusefull?

I thought better of you, but being belligerent for the sake of it, really a mark of a 'sad' man.

Shame on you softus.

David

It's alright Softus and I understand each other.

Tony in the event it was 11.7 mbar instead of 12.3. Now you or I as the commissioning engineer would have adjusted it.

I've also had them where the installer has knocked off (or left off probably) a modureg leed.

Oh well, as long as we are paid to go, and it's an easy fix.

Sponsored Links
Soggy_weetabix said:
Whilst your great at plumbing, please dont antagonise boiler engineers.
I also repair boilers, but that has nothing to do with my comment, which was both meant and taken (by Paul) to be helpful.

You have neither the knowledge or experience.
You are quite wrong.

Why post comments that are unusefull?
Sometimes I feel like it, but this wasn't one of those occasions. I suggest you have a read of Paul's posts, and then his posts on other topics at the same time of day, then read my post again and actually understand what I wrote.

I thought better of you, but being belligerent for the sake of it, really a mark of a 'sad' man.

Shame on you softus.
Well then, I suggest that you judge me for something I've actually done, rather than something you mistakenly think that I've done.

If, against all odds, you still think my post was belligerent, then it would helpful to explain what you think is belligerent about it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back