how high must a high level vent be

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just had our internal doors replaced, including a door to a walk-in cupboard housing our powermax combi boiler.
The old door had two vents, one about 15cm from the top and the other about 15cm from the bottom. The new door, however, is a panelled door and the carpenter has fitted the 'top' vent in the middle (probably as it wouldn't fit anywhere else).
I'd be really grateful if anyone could shed some light on just how high a high level vent needs to be. I've checked the manual and it just says that high and low level vents are required (and the dimensions of the vents themselves, which is fine).
To be honest I'm not sure that the vent in the old door would have been high enough, as there is a lot of space in the cupboard above the top of the door anyway. Maybe the top vent needs to go through the plasterboard above the door?
Sorry to be so clueless but after 2 hours of googling I've drawn a blank and I've seen some really helpful posts on here........
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be fine as it is - there is about 70 cm between the top of the bottom vent and the bottom of the 'top' vent.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Sponsored Links
there is no height given for high level vents in your case and yes instead of cutting door it could have gone above it

Sponsored Links
Why not get a gas safe rgi to check it out you idiot :eek:

Charming. Not only have you ripped off another members username your signature is quite sad. Dont worry though, Ill thank you just to boost your ego.

Mr. W.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back