Combi boiler ventilation.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys/girls,

I have a potterton combi 100 in my bathroom backing onto an outside wall with a vent obviously going stright outside. I am about to box it into a cupboard to neaten it all up and was wondering if it needs ventilation? I wasn't planning on louvered doors, maybe just a vent top and bottom if necessary.

Does anyone know if that would be ok, or what the requirements would be? I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If this combi was made after Jan 1999 then it does not require vents if fitted in a compartment.Make sure other clearances are complied with for removal of parts and for servicing.All this info is in the inst/serv instructions

If this combi was made after Jan 1999 then it does not require vents if fitted in a compartment.Make sure other clearances are complied with for removal of parts and for servicing.All this info is in the inst/serv instructions

in this i would agree that the OP doesnt need compartment vents but it is a sweeping statement to say every boiler built after 1999 doesnt need it, there are some worcester boilers that need compartment ventilation if the distance from the RH side to the wall is not over a certain size, or if there is also a cylinder in the same cupboard, something to do with the wiring possibly overheating (the reason maybe be suspect, but the vent requirement is correct :oops: ) another case of us missing things by not reading the MI's

Read my reply again and you will see that I was only referring to the Potterton Combi 100 and not including all combis made after 1999! The MI's are quite clear for post 1999 models no comp vent is req'd.Now its up to the owner to determine when his boiler was made and install correct sized vents if req'd.That is in the MI's. The clearances around this boiler have no bearing on the vent requirements.

Sponsored Links
Read my reply again and you will see that I was only referring to the Potterton Combi 100 and not including all combis made after 1999! The MI's are quite clear for post 1999 models no comp vent is req'd.Now its up to the owner to determine when his boiler was made and install correct sized vents if req'd.That is in the MI's. The clearances around this boiler have no bearing on the vent requirements.

i did and most humbly apologise, :oops: :oops: :LOL:

Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses. I'm very sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. To be totally honest I found the info on their website and totally forgot all about it my post on here!

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back