How is this type of cooker fitted?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
NB - my question has nothing to do with gas or electricity connection.

I'm installing an oven/grill/hob in a camper van. The cooker is designed for boats/caravans/campers etc. so its meant for this purpose.

But it's of a strange type I haven't encountered in the home - the oven needs mounting inside a cabinet (i.e. it has no metal outer surface of its own, just insulation) yet the hob (with the grill attached underneath) is physically separate as though it needs to be inset to a worktop.

Do you know the sort I mean?

Sponsored Links
Vaguely, what make & model is it? Is it a reclaim from a scrap campervan/caravan or similar

Vaguely, what make & model is it? Is it a reclaim from a scrap campervan/caravan or similar

Yes it is - here's some pics. It's a spinflow S2000, apparently.

There are others like it, it's not an uncommon design.

So it's clear that the under-hob grill mates into the "grill compartment" of the oven itself, but the issue is that the thickness of the worktop is going to elevate the grill burners away from/out of that grill compartment, and even expose the cut edges of the worktop cutout to the grill heat, right?
oven1.png oven2.png oven3.png

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back