How large a radiator do I need?

I disagree on the shelf based on the likely drafts (AC/h)]

You mean that you don't think it'd be a problem to have one?
The U value of the outside wall and window is so high (poor) that the air flowing over a shelved rad is unlikely to be a problem.

If the room was any bigger I'd expect rain clouds to form due to the air pressure differences.

making up secondary glazing units for the Windows just for the winter could reduce the required output considerably.

Sponsored Links
With such a high heat loss even more important that the rad is able to put out its full rated heat output.

You don't get the full quoted output anyway because of the odd testing procedure they use! Its like the car mileage tests done without any spare wheel or passenger seats and with wing mirrors removed and extra air in the tyres!

Tony

Just for the sake of closure, I've attached a photo of the completed installation. Thanks all for your advice (y)

Attachments

• New rad.jpeg
    New rad.jpeg
    146 KB · Views: 77

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back