How level does floor need to be

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just had the floor of my extension screeded and the floor seems to slope towards the sliding doors. and there seems to be an uneven portion towards the center of the room the levels seems to rock by about 10mm. Will this be acceptable for tiling over, the tiles are porcelain 600x600mm.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Those are big tiles. In my opinion it would be madness to start tiling unless the floor was perfectly flat. If you've got a lump then hack it off and use levelling compound.

Sponsored Links
With tiles that size ideally you would want a level floor. In that case the floor tiling would want setting out from the highest point of the floor. If the screed is sloping down towards the sliding doors and the highest point is, say, at the opposite end of the room, you need to be carefull the tiling does not finish to high when you reach the doors. Get yourself the longest straight edge you can find (not timber),lay on the floor, put a level on top and find highest point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back