How Long between New Boiler & Flush & Poss. Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a new boiler fitted 2 weeks ago to replace aging Puma 100e.

Part of the deal when replacing my old boiler after 11Yrs use was a flush.

So said engineer replaces the boiler, puts an additive in the system and says he will be round in 2 days to flush out the shoite. He turns up 2 days later and when he drags out the machine to flush out the rads there is a problem because his lads have left the flushing machine on the van overnight meaning its thick with ice and as a consequence they damage it.

No problem he says I will pop back next week and sort it. (Monday )

My question is : Its 2 weeks now since the boiler was installed with no flush - Is this a problem I should worry about (shoite flying round the system for 2 weeks) and does this invalidate the 5 Yr Warranty.

I dont wish to be harsh as it was a genuine accident when the flushing machine froze

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The plumber you employed is obviously an idiot.
Who puts a new boiler in and then flushes it afterwards. doh!

Cheers for coming back - I kind of half new that really but the guy replaced the boiler during the cold snap so as he came out and replaced it quickly and didnt leave us in the cold I chose not to make too big a fuss.

It the old hindsight thing isnt it?

My point now is do I kick off before he comes to do the flush next week and tell him hes an incompetent fool and refuse to pay him the o/s balance or can i satisfy myself that it is something that can be remedied with a flush at this late stage.

Irony is i'm not generally the type to be mugged off

And I suppose the next question is whats your advice? - Do I report the guy and invalidate my own warranty? - (Must say its not my style to do this) - or give him a set of tasks to put it right and what would those tasks be?

Feel a bit of a C*ck now really

Sponsored Links
Puma , sealed system , probably does not require power flushing any way
???
but if u payed for it

5 year warranty , dependant on the manu ? may not be worth the paper it's written on ??

Sam - Cheers so your suggesting its not the end of the world...

For clarity Boiler OUT is Puma - Boiler IN Logic +

Cheers

Sam - Cheers so your suggesting its not the end of the world...

For clarity Boiler OUT is Puma - Boiler IN Logic +

Cheers

if sytem was clean to start off with not going to make much difference as regards logic supposed to be good but would not put an ideal boiler in my house . expect ideal to not honour warranty anyway

Ideal Logic + Hmm , Ideals track record with reference to warrantys on other models they have produced may not inspire one with confidence ??

I was told by an X Ideal service engineer I spoke with at an acs centre last year , that they were told to take water samples from the lowest drain point on the system , the therory being was

" There is bound to be some s***e there " ;) ;)

You just new when the new boiler got mentioned I was going to get gibbed .... :D

Right so I'm not going to tear the guys balls off then -

I mean honestly guys, what request/demand would you put on him, if any?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back