How long for a handyman to build a garden gate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I could have a do myself but I want a nice finish, not an iffy one :)

I know it depends on the guys competence in this area but he says on his website that the area he is best in is woodwork, so...

I don't want anything fancy. Just a basic gate like the existing one.

109cm wide
180cm high

That's the dimensions of the existing one.

I can order the materials through work so I'm guessing it'd be something like smooth tantalised cladding as the main section.

Anyway the reason I ask for an approximate on how long it should take to construct this (I don't need it to the minute :)) is because he just charges by the hour, so if I know roughly how long then minus the materials I can see how much (roughly) this would cost.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Existing gate ^^

Sponsored Links
I would take a stab on half days work!
Really the best person to ask would be the person you expect to construct the gate.
Just because they claim that they are better at woodwork, over the other trades/services they provide, does not mean they are any good at it! Just better. Handyman??? I would be considering asking a qualified/skilled joiner to do the work, they will have all the required tools and skill set to hopefully quickly build up the gate for you.

I just ordered a 6x4 tanalised gate off eBay for £86 delivered

Sponsored Links
yeah, half a day tops if the wood is there waiting for him.
I built one of very similar size, first one i built and it took about 4 hours, and i'm pretty happy with it. It aint rocket science after all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back