how many bags of plaster ?

Well done on your first attempt zapper.

Not sure how you got one bag to do 2 coats of skim on a 6 x 3 m area... must have been an extremely thin coat! Each coat needs to be a couple of mm think minimum.

Couldn't comment on the best way to recticfy any imperfections without seeing it, but i would be inclined to wait for it to dry and then take stock. If it needs to be done again, do it again. You've come this far so do do it properly. Just seal the wall with pva before doing it again if needed.

Yes, you should have made some extra plaster up rather than worked the tough stuff - even better if you can make a friend or loved one do that bit for you while you're trowelling :)
Hi kingandy2nd ,the wall slopes and is not a full 20 x 10 if you get my drift lol i just used the highest point and widest width as a rough calculation as it was different sizes in certain places so did not need as much as i thought .I did use about 1 1/2 bags and not one bag as i mentioned earlier lol so i edited it .

I have the opposite wall to do (well all the stair case lol ) i might buy a stop bead and do it in 2 sections on the other wall and see if it looks better as i seem to be fighting against the clock and it going off with me being a novice.If it looks good i might redo the other wall using the stop bead .I know most prefer not to do this method but at least i can have more time and then concentrate on where the join will be .

Sponsored Links
Is it ok to go straight over plaster that is drying out as long as you pva it ? Forget this question as i just seen you mentioned it has to be dry first :LOL: Also if i were to go over this existing wall can i get away without have to put another angle bead in as i had to put an external angle bead at the bottom of the stairs .

It may be easier for you to put another angle bead on as you'll have somewhere to work too, if its only blemishes then you could use some easy fill to sort out the odds and ends.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back