How many do what's on the tin?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering how many people actually apply 2 coats of liquid gloss on woodwork, doors etc?

Dulux professional gloss state that the number of coats required is 2.

I usually get fed up after priming, undercoating and glossing once.

Are you a 2 coater gloss person?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Ive never had to apply 2 coats in all my years in buisness - a good quality trade gloss (I prefer Crown or Brolac followed closely by Dulux) will cover undercoat in one ! ;)

In my experience , yes. I reckon the paint manufacturers are just covering themselves (Pun alert! ) by suggesting two coats, at least that should guarantee coverage thereby full satisfaction=no complaints/returns !

Sponsored Links
2 coats of gloss outside!!!

You must be joking :LOL:

A professional painter and decorator that tells you that they put 2 coats of gloss outside is....telling fibs.

You're doing well to finish an outside because of the weather but then to say that you're going to do it all again with another coat is laughable, as that 1 outside could take months in England.
It once took me five weeks to finish a window sill outside because of the rain, never mind glossing the whole lot again.

Yeah , especially if theyve made me plenty of tea or I want more work out of them :)
Youre right about the weather, not even worth booking them in these days, only do 1 or 2 exteriors a year now (if that) & thats only if they twist my arm! ...
:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back