How many m3 concrete can i make with 1 bulk bag??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now this may seem like a 'google it you idiot' question, but try it, I have spent several attempts to get the answer and all I am getting is 'x shovel fulls' 'the weight of the water', 'tonnes' and 'tons' !! just utter nonsense, its a simple question that should be answerable with 3 key strokes!!! the only variable is strength of mix, but this isnt gonna change the volume by more than 5% surely?, well within my tolerances, about 5/1 is my intended mix, so please, how many m3 is a bulk bag able to make???, I know its about 800-900kg.. ta..

Sponsored Links
thank you!! a good answer, just what i need 0.6 !! thanks, good speed, Is anyone delivering ????

I take it is a bag of aggregate you are buying? and I am thinking it will be a 1 tonne bag ?
you may struggle to get 0.6 cubic metres - will work it out properly later

concrete weighs about 2.4 tonne per cube
1 ton of sand + 200kg cement will be just be half a cube

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Most tonne bags of material actually are about 900kg's.
didn't know that, I always buy loose and the aggregate company is quite generous, (think they do about 5% extra to make sure you get enough)

didn't know that, I always buy loose
We tend to buy large orders straight from a haulage company (Hambletons Stone Sales) also. If you ask for a full load (say 11 tonne) that's what you get - or a wee bit more.

If we are reckoning volume, which is to be delivered by bulk bag, then we allow for a bit more because of the bulk bag less than a tonne, discrepancy.

What really boils my pi$$ is the quality of stone from the BM is pants compared to the haulage company. What hurts most is that our haulage delivery always precedes our 'a wee bit more to refine the and shape the patio' delivery. It's difficult trying to shape the stone to falls when some of the 30mm-dust is actually about 80mm-crap! (rant over).

I need to get used to ordering a wee bit more stone from the haulage company and having somewhere to store it.:unsure:

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back