How many new LED downlighters on old cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want new downlighters on my kitchen and its got 1.5mm csa T&E cable already (only bulb). How many new LED lights would seem reasonable on that existing cable?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
It depends not only on the cable size, but also on the size of the fuse/circuit breaker on that circuit.

but 6amp is a lorra lorra LED lights.

Excellent, I've ordered 1000 led downlighter and will see if I can get them squeezed in

Sponsored Links
You will probably have a 6A MCB on the circuit. At 6W per LED bulb that lets you have 230 bulbs (on the circuit as a whole).

I want new downlighters on my kitchen
Are you replacing existing ones, or installing them where you don't already have them?

If the latter, I would strongly advise against doing this, at least until you have considered all of the things which are bad about them (quite a lot) and what is good about them (precious little), and whether they really are the best way you can find to light your kitchen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back