how many?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi could somone plz tell me how many Watts are in 30 amp plus 1amp=so many watts or so many watts=so many amps you get the idea.

Sponsored Links
Well, there aren't xx watts in an amp, but you can calculate it once you know the voltage. In the case of UK electrics...

30*230 = 6900w.

1*230 = 230w.

Basically it's Amps*Volts = watts.

For going the other way round (finding amps from watts and volts) it's:

Watts / Volts (230) = amps

Actually, Amps*Volts = volt-amps, not watts.

VA and W are only the same with a power factor of 1.

But that's probably not helping - James, what are you trying to find out/understand, and why? Your question was a bit like asking "how many gallons are there in 35psi?", kinda hard to interpret..

I guess he's trying to work out how powerful a cooker/hob he can have without upgrading, so if he has a 30A circuit, at 230V that = 6900W, or 6.9kW.

BUT let's hear it from the man himself...

Sponsored Links
thanks for your replys the thing im trying to find out is whats the max amount of watts can be used on a normal household plug with out blowing a fuse

Don't let FWL see this, otherwise he'll be after a ban on non-suitably qualified consumers connecting appliances !!

P

james99999 said:
thanks for your replys the thing im trying to find out is whats the max amount of watts can be used on a normal household plug with out blowing a fuse
OK - now that you've read our replies, what do you think the answer is?

13A at 230V is ust under 3KW (practially speaking a 3kw load should be fine)

though you would definately get away with slightly more without blowing the fuse especially if the load was intermittant however it is very bad practice to do this

Agreed.. Look at the amount of 3.2 Kw kettles available :rolleyes:
All with 13 A plugs fitted.

Thnks guys - I was hoping james would answer that to show that he'd got it.

never mind...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back