How much for plumber to replace mixer shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mixer shower has fallen apart. How much can I expect to be charged for a plumber to raplace it for a new one? I'll buy the replacemnent shower before hand and it will be a like for like replacement.[/quote]

Sponsored Links
If it's exposed (two pipes coming out of the wall, stanndard width, yes) it takles minutes to change once you have the water off.
If it's concealed, it depends on the tiles etc - can be impossible!
In that case just change the cartridge/valve.

Sponsored Links
Have a go yourself. Make sure you have enough pipe inserted into the fitting before the olive mates with it ( try a dry run first).

Wrap a few turns of ptfe around the olive too and jobs aa good one. :D

Thanks Chris, Tricky and bahco. I'll take the old one off and see what I'm left with. If it looks good to go, I'll have a bash at it myself. I'll report back in due course (especially if I run into any difficulties!)

Thanks again for all your help. It's much appreciated.

Update!

I've replaced the shower with no problems (touch wood!).

I was just wondering what the best way is of water-proofing the areas around where the pipes come through the tiles?

Here's a photo of what I mean (sorry abut quality - taken with my mobile):

121672048.jpg

As you can see there are 2 chrome discs to make neat the holes but how do I ensure that they do not let water though to the hole. A bead of sealant all the way round would work but look naff and be difficult. Is there somthing I could use behind the discs that will still ensure access to the nuts behind in future? Sorry it's such a noob question but I want to do this right.

Thanks for any help once again.

I meant the INFO will cost you :idea: ..then some Polish plumber gave it to you for free :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back