How much inhibitor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have moved into a house with wet underfloor heating (about 1000 sq ft) and 7 radiators upstairs and am Trying to work out how much inhibitor I need to dose with? I don't know who installed the system so can't go back to them. Any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
I have a medium-sized house with radiators. While fully draining the system I measured the water into buckets. It was almost exactly 100 litres. So I use 1 litre of X100

As you have UFH, I'd guess you will need two litres.

It is possible to test the circulating water to see if it needs more inhibitor, you can probably get a test kit from Sentinel* or plumbers merchants, I've never done it.

In the old days, they used to recommend draining out enough to half-fill a jamjar, putting some nails in it, shaking it up with the lid on and watching to see if they went rusty. Or if you diluted it with equal volume of water, they reckoned "plenty" of inhibitor

*or other brand, there should be a label near your boiler

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back