How much is your annual Electricity usage. Mine is 5,145 kWhs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just looked at our electricity usage for the last 12 months, and it is 5,145 kWhs.

Just wondering how this compares to others on here?

My place is a 4 Bedroom detached dormer bungalow, Two Electric Ovens & Induction Hob, All LED Lighting, UPS protected network equipment/4 PoE IP cams running 24/7 365, 42" Plasma TV, and i7 Gaming PC with 3 monitors (Two monitors regualy used).

Regards: Elliott.

Sponsored Links
You can't really take any useful info from comparing unless somebody has Exactly the same setup and habits as you.

For example, I have a 5 bedroom detached house with one electric oven, a microwave, all LED lighting and a couple of laptops, no cctv, a wired house alarm, 55 inch LCD TV and 50 inch LCD TV.... but I have a sauna, pool, hot tub and lots of musical equipment...my figures for the last 12 months are in excess of 13,000kwh.

Last edited:
mines about 40% off yours at 2000kw
3 bed mid terrace combination micro 2 x32" tvs 2 adults i use the hobs but not the main oven but use a large forman grill
no downlighters total lighting around 65w all blazing or 25w with unoccupied rooms off
as an aside i also have a sony 32"but as that burns 100w an hour as opposed to 44w for the samsung i never watch it 10hx56w=560w a day 4kw a week 12kw per month 200kw a year

Last edited:
You're a bit confusing there big-all.

I hope you don't mind - for anyone who's not sure :

mines about 40% off yours at 2000kWh
3 bed mid terrace combination micro 2 x32" tvs 2 adults i use the hobs but not the main oven but use a large forman grill
no downlighters total lighting around 65W all blazing or 25W with unoccupied rooms off
as an aside i also have a sony 32"but as that burns 100W an hour as opposed to 44W for the samsung i never watch it 10hx56W=0.56kWh a day 4kWh a week 17kWh per month 200kWh a year

Sponsored Links
yes your right i know what i mean but forget its kilowatt for 1hour= one unit:LOL:

aaah yes 17 not 12 lol

Last edited:
3720kWh ish for a 3 bed semi with 1x 42" TV and fan oven/induction hob and a few LED outside lights, plus electric shower.

yes your right i know what i mean but forget its kilowatt for 1hour= one unit:LOL:

aaah yes 17 not 12 lol
Clicks. It's clicks in our house!

About 4000 clicks in our 4 bed 1800 sq ft house. No electric cooking, but a nutcase wife who heats the village via electric ufh in our conservatory. In the winter! At weekends and Christmas actually, but you get my drift. Oh, I get about 3000 clicks pa back via my solar gear.

Just checked mine 9910kw for 12 months, 3 bed Victorian house, electric oven plus all the usual stuff, tv, freezer etc. I do have quite a few outside lights on dusk till dawn sensors mixture of led and CFL's x 9

Elliot, it's your plasma screen that burning most of your energy. The cookers very likely high usage, but for short periods, but the TV gets used for the longest period. Unless you have regular power cuts, the UPS is a bit of a waste. The i7 won't take much power, but the monitors will.

You need to look at the back of the units to see what their consumption is, and then see how long they are on; then get the kids to remember to switch things off when they leave the room - fat chance though.

i bought an energy flow meter from lidl about 15-20 years ago and used it for perhaps 15 years i bought a new greengenie one about 4 years ago and found the lidl one was fairly close in measuring to the new one and they both use about 2w in use
i measure everything at every stage off operation including standby and off positions
that allows me to form a full opinion off costs
bulbs for example are more efficient iff rated close to operating voltage for example a 220-240v x12w bulb may actually consume 6w compared to a similar 85-250v that may consume perhaps 10-12w

bulbs for example are more efficient iff rated close to operating voltage for example a 220-240v x12w bulb may actually consume 6w compared to a similar 85-250v that may consume perhaps 10-12w
One can certainly hypothesise reasons why a bulb/lamp with a wide voltage range could be less efficient when operating from a voltage close to the top of its range.

However, if a 220-240V "12W" bulb/lamp only consumes 6W (with a 220-240V supply), then something is definitely wrong!

Kind Regards, John

Home plug in energy meters generally indicate voltage and current but may not take account of power factor. If that is the case then what they indicate as "power" may in fact be simply "volts amps". This might explain why 'electronic' lamps do not consume the energy expected since they are predominately capacitive devices.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back