how much mortar do i need?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a look a Jewsons web site and for a 25KG bag of Cement thy dont tell me the area it covers

So if I want 1 part cement; 2 part sand; and 4 part agregates
And i am filling 4 windows up with a total of 1013109 cubic cm, any ideas please on how much matirial to buy?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A million cc is 1 cubic metre. 1 cube of concrete weighs about 2.4 tonnes. On a 1:1:2:4 with ratio that's about 300kg of cement, 300kg of water, 600kg of sand and 1.2tonnes of aggregate

ps; is it really that volume? Have you 4 windows that are approximately 1m x 1m, walls 250mm thick plus insulation??

Sponsored Links
One million, thirteen thousand, one hundred and nine cubic centimetres. Are you sure about that? Just get a metre of ready mixed delivered.

Don’t you like windows?

are you centimetres just to confuse us? (I know it’s seems a bit odd, but mms and metres are the recommended units of linear measurement rather than the cm)

Just get a metre of ready mixed delivered.
But then you've got to run round like a blue horse fly loading 2 and a half tons of concrete into shuttered portholes quick quick before it goes off and paying waiting charge if you're too slow. That may be a big ask. Mixing yourself means you can take a bit more time at it

I'm all for ready mix in a slab, but hoisting it to a height.. needs thinking about

But then you've got to run round like a blue horse fly loading 2 and a half tons of concrete into shuttered portholes quick quick before it goes off and paying waiting charge if you're too slow. That may be a big ask. Mixing yourself means you can take a bit more time at it

I'm all for ready mix in a slab, but hoisting it to a height.. needs thinking about
He's got the other squatters to help him.

A million cc is 1 cubic metre. 1 cube of concrete weighs about 2.4 tonnes. On a 1:1:2:4 with ratio that's about 300kg of cement, 300kg of water, 600kg of sand and 1.2tonnes of aggregate

ps; is it really that volume? Have you 4 windows that are approximately 1m x 1m, walls 250mm thick plus insulation??
I just messured the windows and times by 3 and added them up
But its the inside frames of one large window, 2 medium and one small

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back