How much sand to order

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Is there a rule of thumb of how much sand to order in for a regular external flat plaster??
EG 1 tonne approx per 10 square metres (more or less depending on surface)
Just need to order some in but the plasterer didnt know how much i should order!!
Cheers,
Marty.

Sponsored Links
Height xwidith x depth .

If your going on 4m high and 3m wide ,10mm thick you would go 4x3x0.010 , this will give you your amount im m3.Any probs post ya dimensions , oh and add on approx 10% for wastage.

Thanks JJ makes sense however that will only give me the volume of sand required...they deliver by the tonne so im still @ a loss unless someone here knows the density of sand??
Cheers,
Marty.

Thanks JJ makes sense however that will only give me the volume of sand required...they deliver by the tonne so im still @ a loss unless someone here knows the density of sand??
Cheers,
Marty.

Try this calculator,

http://www.source4me.co.uk/calculate_plaster_internal.htm

but the builder's merchat should be able to tell you the volume of sand they are selling you. You can order it by the m3.

If not, just measure the bag they are delivering it to you in - they are usually cubes .

Also, m3 is 0.7 tonne, roughly, if memory serves .

Sponsored Links
Hi martyc

************** suggest:

length (m) × width (m) × depth (m) × 1.6 = tonnes… + waste

or, in old money

length (ft) × width (ft) × depth (in) / 265 = tonnes… + waste

Hope this helps

Liam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back