How much to change an electric shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Took 1 hour 45 mins,

Had to drill 2 new holes, alter the pipework, and cut the cable down to size to fit.

Just wondering what you guys would charge? Just a ballpark figure.

Thanks

(Please don't say hourly rate times by 1.75 plus materials because I don't know how much that is)

Sponsored Links
Looks like I'm £60 out of pocket then lol

Frickin undercharging AGAIN!!!

Blahh ! :evil:

Sponsored Links
I think you need to sit down and have a think about how much you would like to earn.
Figure out how many productive hours a week you have and there's your rate.

In reality we would probably all like to charge more but a balance must be found between what we want and what people will pay.

I charge £70ph +vat but most of my work is gas related I don't know if you would get away with that for plumbing. Some charge different amounts for plumbing and gas works.

Do you also do gas/heating repairs

I recently passed my ACS in june but just can't afford to put myself on the gas safe register, so no gas at the moment.

Radiators and pipework I do yes and bits in the boilers that are water side, PRV, expansion tanks, diverter valves etc..

To be honest my experience on gas isn't much when it comes to appliance diagnosis and repair, I know I could probably successfully do it, but it would be a new venture for me, one that gets the 'ald butterflies going!

£120 plus parts so add an extra £20.

Fixed price to fit new shower - customer to supply shower £140.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back