how much to re roof a house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone my first post here and wondered if someone could give me some advice.

I am in the process of moving and apparently the survey on my house has come back with some questions. Now this next bit is a bit tricky
the buyers lawyer will not talk to the estate agent
only to my lawyer, but they will not disclose the questions raised by the survey. all they have said is the buyer is getting quotes for the work.

I think it must be a new roof as the surveyor was in the loft for 10 mins +
I don't want to waste someones time by getting them in to quote on a roof,
and wondered if anyone had any ideas on how much I could expect to pay
to replace the complete roof.
The house is an end of terrace and currently tiled (3 bed 1930's built)
When I am in the loft I can see daylight through some of the tiles (approx 6 places) and no battons are broken, On the outside some of the tiles have slipped. so was not sure if this would be repairable or as I said a new roof.
I am in the bromley Kent

Thanks Cliff

please read the forum rules (9)

Sponsored Links
2 options really. Carry on repairing forever, or re-roof now and have no repair worries. Its probably the original roof, so due for a change. As for cost, I dont know. Someone else may give an approx estimate based purely on size, but its against forum rulez.

Had exactly the same thing with my sale, buyer went to agents wanted price dropped by £8500 as surveyor told him needed new roof and that was the cost.
I didn't like the little twerp who was buying so pulled out, a new buyer came along the next day, nothing came up on the survey and sale went through with no probs.

Sponsored Links
Thanks chaps for the reply's
I didnt know it's against the forum rules, but I am not after getting the job done, just wanted an idea of what it would cost.

They may only request repairs and if thats the case I suppose I will have to pay.

I dont think I will have the option of dropping out as we stand he chance of messing the complete thing up. We really want the place we have found and if it means dropping 8.500 we may have to do it.

It's a Bug*** but thats moving for you.
I will have to wait and see what they want in the end.
But thanks anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back