How much to replace a Suuprima 60 pcb (whatever that is)?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
From you helpful people on here I have deduced that, like many before me my Suprima 60 boiler has a fault that is a common one - it often cuts out when it has heated the water. If I call out a CORGI chap to replace the pcb (what's that stand for?) - how much will that cost me roughly? And can these fine CORGI folk quickly establish what the problem is (just to be certain)?
cheers P.P.

please note 9

Sponsored Links
Cor blimey guvnor thats gonna cost ya, see to get to the pcb we have to remove the laffymoneyconverter then the oofamacallit, then using double jointed fingerswe can remove the f****gbo****in sharpycutting fingery thing specialy sharpened for such maintenance, cost wise ooooooooooooooooofffffffffffffffff about 50p for the pcb plus a billion percent markup for the manufacturer another million percent added on to save africa's debt, so if you go to Goldman &Sachs about 4£million , your local corgi on a good day about £225.00

Identifying the fault can apparently be difficult for some people.

Deciding that the PCB has failed is largely as a result of checking that all the other devices in the boiler are operating correctly.

Although I change several pcbs every year on this model I have come across two faulty ignition leads and one faulty venturi.

The simple unreliable pcb has now been replaced with a more expensive one at about £150 which is promised to be more reliable.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back